Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chapel of the Holy Dove

This is a photo of my wife inside the Chapel of the Holy Dove, which is located on Hwy 180 between Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. Here are some more photos of inside and outside of the Chapel. The Chapel is extremely small and actually has a dirt floor, which can be seen in some of the photos. It has a large triangular window on one end (see above photo) that faces the San Francisco Peaks. It's an interesting little place and I recommend a visit if you happen to be passing that way.

2 comments:

 gmirage said...

Great perspective! Viewing the viewer view a lovely view...and a tongue twister... good day!

ImageVisionStudios said...

My name is Mark, I am sitting in my living room thinking of places i would like to see again and I thought of this little chapel.
I first saw it in 1976 on my first trip to Az.It has always been a fond memory to me.
I am a photographer, was just a 21 when i first photographed it. I will have to find those pictures some day....:)
thanks for the memory
Mark