Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Schultz Pass Fire

The Schultz Pass Fire as seen from FMC

The biggest news around Flagstaff in the last couple of weeks is the Schultz Pass wildfire. It started on June 20th and continued to burn for about 2 weeks. By now (July 7th) it's been completely contained by the hard work of over 800 fire fighters, but it ultimately burned over 13,000 acres of some of the most beautiful and heavily utilized national forest in Northern Arizona. The above photo was taken from the back parking lot at Flagstaff Medical Center on the day the fire started. I apologize for the quality, I took the photo with my cell phone. Below is a better quality image of the smoke plume as seen from my son's bedroom in our home. My wife took it.

The Schultz Pass Fire as seen from our house

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pics. I lived in Flag for four years and know the area well. I was sick to see this fire as well as the one by Little America.