Monday, October 6, 2008

Veit Springs Trail Color

Last week, my wife and I went for another hike. This time we tried a new trail called Veit Springs Trail. It is located just off of Snowbowl Road, the road that takes you up to Snowbowl Ski Area, northwest of Flagstaff. It's an easy 1.5 mile loop hike that takes you through wooded areas filled with ponderosa pine and aspen. The aspen in this area were already changing color to a brilliant yellow. Here's a macro photo I took while on the trail.

4 comments:

Belgrade Daily Photo said...

Ooh, this picture is stunning. I don't know how I missed it on the CDP portal yesterday!

Randy said...

Nice shot Dustin!

J.C. said...

A beautiful colour of autumn brought by the leaf! I love autumn!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I wonder if you took a picture of the Veit chisel marks?