Friday, December 7, 2007

Color Accent = Fun

I used the color accent feature on my camera to get this shot of a yellow leafed plant entwined with a yucca. This feature is fun to play with. All you do is pick a color and the camera will make everything in the picture black and white except things of the chosen color. In this case yellow. I image you can do this same effect using post-processing software (e.g. PhotoShop, GIMP, etc), but I've never tried.

Also, if anyone can ID the yellow plant for me, that would be great. They are all over the place near the Grand Canyon, but I have never actually seen any in Flagstaff. Thanks for the help.

3 comments:

duopastorale said...

Hey, you got the same effect as my bridge. I use Google's Picasa. It's free and dead easy.

This I Do...

Rob said...

Oh, this is fun to do, I never remember to use this function. Your pic is excellent!

Unknown said...

I don't know what the plant is but I like the effect.